LSS Internal chimney Seal Tip
The second most often overlooked item regarding the installation of the LSS Internal Manhole Chimney Seal is related to the third or center expansion band. The 0-6 and 6-12 LSS seals are shipped with two (2) expansion bands, however the 12-18 and 18-24 LSS seals are shipped with three (3) expansion bands. The third or center band is required for proper installation to prevent any possible “ballooning” of the seal which may be caused by water or sediment being trapped behind the seal.
- Refer to #2 (below) of the installation instructions regarding the third band.
- If there are different band sizes, refer to the take-off sheet or ask your local Cretex Rep for assistance.
- Lubricate the second band and install it in the other band recess, attach the tool and expand as before keeping the band parallel. The seal may be adjusted up or down as required for the minimum or maximum chimney coverage or if excessive sleeve expansion is required.
- A third band is required for the 12-18 and 18-24 LSS sleeves. When a third band is used, lubricate and install band in the recess in the center of seal and expand as before so it’s snug.
- Check the top and bottom edges of the installed sleeve to insure that they have been properly compressed against the surfaces.